When it comes to filing your tax return, you want to make sure that you’re taking advantage of all the deductions that you qualify for. It can be difficult to keep up with all the changes and different deductions that are out there when you aren’t an experienced accountant. This is why so many people decide to turn over their taxes to an accountant when it comes to filing their returns. If you have decided that it’s time to turn your tax return over to the professionals this year, you might be wondering what you need to bring to your appointment. Mark Dicus & Company is here talk about the different documents that you need to make sure you’re bringing to your tax appointment.
There are a number of different personal documents that you will need to make sure you bring to your tax appointment. If you are filing jointly with your spouse, you will also need to bring their personal information as well. Here is what you need to remember to bring:
– Your photo ID as well as your spouse’s
– Social security cards, or individual taxpayer identification number assignment letters for both you, your spouse and your dependents
– Birth dates for everyone included on your return including spouse, dependents and yourself
– Information for your banking including routing numbers for up to three accounts
– Your tax return information from 2021 & 2022 if you have them available
– Identity protection PIN if you have one
You will need to remember to bring all the documents pertaining to your income to your tax appointment as well. This might only be a W-2 form from your employer, but it could also be more complex if you are self-employed or have money from retirement or disability. Don’t forget to bring documentation that covers all of your sources of income. This even covers things like alimony, gambling winnings, rental property income, scholarships and other sources that might not be the average source of income for many people.
Hopefully, there are tax deductions that can help lower your taxable income from expenses in your life. This might include things like:
– Retirement contributions
– State & local taxes
– Mortgage statements and property taxes
– College tuition or student loan interest
– Charitable donations
– Medical or dental bills
– Supplies used if you’re an educator
– & more
Tax Preparation, Bookkeepers, Accountants & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village & Greater Las Vegas, Nevada
If you’re getting ready to have your taxes done, you want to make sure you’re ready for it. Part of preparing for your taxes is to make sure you have one of the accountants at Mark Dicus & Company working for you. We will make sure that you’re taking advantage of any and all deductions and credits that you qualify for to help you avoid paying more in taxes than you have to. Call us today!