We provide scalable accounting services for businesses of all sizes. Call us today for a free consultation to find out how we can help. Mark Dicus and Company is you premier choice for Accounting services whether you are here locally in the Las Vegas area or anywhere in the world. If you are looking for an experienced US based firm, then look no further.


We provide a comprehensive range of services in the areas of financial management, operations, risk management, strategy and technology. We offer a customized approach to our services that's based on your needs. Additional business services include: Bookkeeping, CFO Services, Cash Flow Management, Strategic Business Planning, Tax Strategies, and more.


We can assist in managing and minimizing all aspects of our client's tax liability, including, but not limited to, Federal, State and transfer taxes. Advance planning results in substantial benefits and allows time for developing alternative tax strategies. We also provide businesses period-end closing, financial statement preparation and budgeting on scheduled.

How Do I File Taxes as a College Student in Murray, UT? What Tax Documents Do I Need & More

As a college student, tax season can be confusing. You are an adult, but your parents may still be claiming you as a dependent on their taxes. If you have a job, where does that leave you at tax time? All of these concerns are valid and need to be answered so you know what you’re supposed to be doing come April 15th. There is a chance that you’re going to need to file your taxes even if your parents are claiming you as a dependent. Mark Dicus & Company is here to talk about the complexities of filing taxes as a college student.

When Does a College Student Need to File Taxes?

Even if your parents have decided to claim you as a dependent until you are the age of 24, there are some circumstances that leave you filing taxes on your own.
– Income is too High: If you have a job and have earned more than the standard deduction of $12,500 on the year, you will need to file your own tax return. This includes earned income and unearned income. Unearned income comes from things like grants, unemployment checks, interest payments and even scholarships.
– Unearned Income is High: On top of the first circumstance, if you have more unearned income than $1,100 or if your net earnings are more than $400 you will have to file a return.
– Head of Household: If you’re filing as the head of a household and you earn more than $18,800, you will have to file your own tax return.

What Documents Do I Need to File Taxes?

If you have determined that you need to file your own income tax return, there are some documents that you are going to need to gather to complete the process. Most of these forms should have been given to you before January 31st.
– A Form 1040 needed for filing your tax return
– Your Social Security Number and your tax return information from the previous year
– A Form W-2 from your employer whether you were full-time or part-time employed
– Form 1099-NEC for any freelance work you did over $600
– Completed Schedule C for those self-employed
– A Form 1098-T that lays out any school tuition you paid
– A Form 1098-E that shows any interest you paid on your student loans
– Form 1099-DIV or Form 1099-INT or Form 1099-B showing any investments made or dividends and distributions you made throughout the year

Tax Preparation, Filing, Planning & More in Salt Lake City, St. George, West Valley City, Provo, Orem, West Jordan & Greater Cedar City, Utah

If you are concerned you don’t know what you’re doing as you are helping your college student file their taxes, you can turn to Mark Dicus & Company to help you get it sorted out. We have the experience needed to ensure you’re taking advantage of all deductions and credits that are available to you to maximize your tax return every year. Call us today!

Accounting, Consulting & Tax Services in Greater Las Vegas NV, Cedar City UT, Seattle WA, San Francisco CA, Milwaukee WI & More